Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Titles in Countess OneSearch
Looking for Richard (VHS)
Call Number: 791.44651 loo1996
Shakespeare's gripping drama of power, lust and betrayal becomes accessible to a broader audience. The camera follows the cast and crew throughout rehearsals, eavesdropping on the behind-the-scenes process that goes into creating characters and mounting a production.
Richard III (VHS)
Call Number: 791.43 ric1995
In 1930's Britain, in the wake of a bloody civil war, the younger brother of the new King sets in motion a monstrous scheme to claim the throne for himself.
Richard III by
Call Number: 942.046092 R513C3 2009
Publication Date: 2009-07-01
For centuries the vision of Richard III has been dominated by the fictional creations of Thomas More and Shakespeare. Voices have protested during the intervening years, some of them eminent and scholarly, urging a more reasoned view to replace the traditional black portrait. Annette Carson seeks to redress the balance by examining the events of his reign as they actually happened, based on reports in the original sources. Eschewing the overlay of assumptions so beloved by historians, she instead traces actions and activities of the principal characters, using facts and time-lines revealed in documentary evidence. Daring to investigate areas where historians fear to tread, this book raises some controversial questions. Was Edward IV assassinated? Did Queen Elizabeth Woodville engage in witchcraft? Why did Thomas More lay down his pen, leaving his dramatic attack on Richard unfinished?
Personal banner of Richard III
Scientists Think They’ve Found Richard III’s Body Under a Parking Lot
- Gross, Jenny. "World News: Remains Identified as King Richard III's." Wall Street Journal: A.10. Feb 05 2013. ProQuest Newsstand; The Wall Street Journal. Web. 7 Feb. 2013 .
- Kennedy, Maev. "Richard III: 'it's Like He Wanted to be found, Like He was Ready'." The Guardian: 13. Feb 06 2013.ProQuest Newsstand. Web. 8 Feb. 2013 .
- Kennedy, Maev. "Richard III: Bent Spine, Slashed Skull and DNA to Match: Leicester Finds its King: Confirmation of Identity of Last Plantagenet King Thrills Media - but Not Historians." The Guardian: 10. Feb 05 2013. ProQuest Newsstand. Web. 8 Feb. 2013.
- CONNOR, STEVE. "No More Winters of Discontent... Richard III Will Finally Get His Royal Tomb After 528 Years in an Unmarked Grave." Belfast Telegraph: 16. Feb 05 2013. ProQuest Newsstand. Web. 8 Feb. 2013.
- "The Battle Over Richard III’s Bones…And His Reputation | History & Archaeology | Smithsonian Magazine." History, Travel, Arts, Science, People, Places | Smithsonian Magazine. N.p., 8 Feb. 2013. Web. 13 Feb. 2013. The Battle Over Richard III’s Bones…And His Reputation
The search for Richard III - completed
How the King may have looked...
White Boar of Richard III (Source: wikimedia.org)