Houghton Memorial Library 1500 E. Fairview Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36106
Library Hours: Fall 2013 (Beginning August 26)
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 11:00 pm
- Friday: 7:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Saturday: 12:00 noon - 4:45 pm
- Sunday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm
- Closed for Labor Day: Sat., August 31 - Mon., September 2
- Thanksgiving: Sat.& Sun., Nov. 23 & 24: 12:00 noon - 4:45 pm; Mon.- Tues., Nov. 25 & 26: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
- College Closed for Thanksgiving: Wed., November 27 - Sun., December 1
- Final Exam hours: Saturday, Dec. 7, 8:00am-4:45pm; Sunday, Dec. 8, 2:00-11:30pm; Mon.-Thurs, Dec. 9-12, 7:30am-11:30pm; Fri., Dec. 10, 7:30am-4:45pm.
- Post Final Exam hours: Sat.& Sun., Dec. 11-12; Closed; Mon.-Fri., Dec. 16-20, 7:30am-4:45pm
- Closed for Christmas: Dec.21 - Jan. 5.
Google Books Search
Google Scholar Search
Countess OneSearch: Find Books, Articles & More
What's Going On?
Students Launch “Button” to Put Denied Access to Research on the Map
What is "Thanksgivukkah" you ask? It's the confluence of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah. As the Forward newspaper states:
"Hanukkah and Thanksgiving on the same day last happened in 1861, except that Thanksgiving wasn’t established until 1868! And the next time the first day of Hanukkah will happen on Thanksgiving — Thursday, November 28 — will be in the year 79,811."
EDUC 339 Student Projects on Display in the Library
Currently on display in the Library in the Alabama & Juvenile Collections Room --Student projects from Dr. Joy House's EDUC 339. The assignment: Select resources from the Library's children's and young adult collection that you as a teacher education student would recommend from your content area. Students in the course represent a diversity of disciplines from music to physical education.
"Credo Reference offers over 3,000,000 reference entries from all the major academic subject areas to offer a great starting point for your research ... images, audio files,videos and full text article(s)" are available.
Databases Not Currently Discoverable Through Countess OneSearch
At the present, the following databases are not discoverable (i.e. cannot be searched) through Countess OneSearch. We are working with vendors to address this, but have no prediction as to when this issue might be resolved. In the meantime, you will need to search these databases individually.